Saturday, August 14, 2010

Daring Cooks August 2010 Pierogi


The daring cooks challenge for this month was to make pierogi. I made these delicious little dumplings a few days ago and sadly forgot to take pictures of the insides. I filled mine with a sausage, butternut squash, zucchini, and goat cheese filling. I was trying to use up things that were in my fridge but the combination came together beautifully. Can I say again that they were delicious? Oh, and quick too. Always a plus at our house. The dough comes together fast and is really pretty easy to work with- about like pizza dough. We loved these and appreciated the introduction to the world of pierogi. For more filling ideas and to see what other cooks came up with go here.

The August 2010 Daring Cooks’ Challenge was hosted by LizG of Bits n’ Bites and Anula of Anula’s Kitchen. They chose to challenge Daring Cooks to make pierogi from scratch and an optional challenge to provide one filling that best represents their locale.

No comments: